Terms & Conditions
JSC Speed, Inc. Company Policies, Terms & Conditions
JSC Speed's mission is two-fold: Primarily, our objective is to provide our customers with the best customer service and support, to their complete satisfaction. Secondly, we want to provide only the best products and services.
In the past, we have tried to have the lowest prices in the industry; while this is a noble goal, we have decided not to sacrifice quality in favor of thrift, or to put ourselves out of business cutting profit margins. After all, with all the expenses that come with having a brick-and-mortar business and we would be lying if we said we weren't in business to make money. We do however, still have some of the best pricing on the block plus a price-match policy, so we can certainly accommodate any of your package pricing needs. We feel that modifying a car is an art form, and therefore want to provide the ultimate products for you to piece together your dream car. Back To Top.
ALL PRODUCTS SOLD THROUGH JSC SPEED, Inc. AND WWW.JSCSPEED.COM ARE FOR RACING & OFF-ROAD USE ONLY UNLESS CLEARLY NOTED OTHERWISE. Products should never be used on public streets or highways. Check your local laws regarding use of products. JSC Speed, Inc. is not responsible for your failure to comply with any or all local, state, or federal motor vehicles laws. JSC Speed, Inc. highly recommends professional installation by a competent mechanic for all products we sell.
JSC Speed, Inc. shall not be liable or obligated under contract, negligence, strict liability, or other legal equitable theory for:
- Any amounts in excess of any monies/aggregate fees paid to it.
- Any incidental or consequential damages, lost profits, or costs of procurement of supporting parts, substitute goods, or services required, whatsoever.
By submitting an order to JSC Speed, Inc. via the www.jscspeed.com web site, over the phone, or via email you agree to any and all terms and conditions outlined herein. Back To Top.
If you receive a defective product or product you think is damaged or otherwise not what you ordered please contact us before you attempt to use or install the product, and within our 15 day return policy period and we will exchange the defective item for a new item of the same part number free of shipping charges equivalent to the shipping method of the original order. Upgraded shipping may be available at customer's expense. Contact a JSC Speed Sales Rep to process your return.
In the event that a defect is claimed outside our return policy, but within the manufacturer's warranty, please contact the manufacturer directly to process your claim. The manufacturer will have sole determination of the outcome of the claim. As a courtesy to our customers, JSC Speed will try to assist you with the claim, but we have no final say in the decision made by the manufacturer (i.e. approvals, denials, fees, etc.).
JSC Speed is not responsible for any labor or associated costs which occur as the result of the installation or removal of wrong or defective parts.
JSC Speed, Inc. does not provide or fulfill any warranty on any of the products we sell. All merchandise is subject to the manufacturer's warranty and therefore all warranty claims are at the manufacturer's discretion. JSC Speed, Inc. will assist you in any warranty claim by providing you and/or the manufacturer with contact information, copies of invoices, and notes regarding troubleshooting conversations. All warranted items must be returned in accordance with the manufacturer's policy, see the product manufacturer's web site for their policy. It is the responsibility of the customer and/or installer to verify the correct size and application of the parts before installation. No warranty whatsoever will be given if the defect was caused by customer or installer abuse, negligence, mishandling, or improper installation. Customers will be responsible for all shipping and handling fees.
JSC Speed is not responsible for any labor or associated costs which occur as the result of the installation or removal of a warrantied part. Back To Top.
JSC Speed, Inc. requires your basic contact information such as name, address, email address, and telephone number in order to properly fulfill your order. JSC Speed, Inc. will NEVER sell, give, or provide your information to any other agency. Period. We will, on occasion, send out emails with current or up-coming promotions. These emails will be produced and sent by JSC Speed, Inc. We get spam e-mail, junk mail, solicitors, and telemarketers too and know how frustrating that can be. When you place an order with us you can rest assured that your privacy is of utmost importance to us so your information is kept safe and confidential. All credit card transactions are processed on a secure server. If you don't feel comfortable submitting information online you can call us to place an order for anything on our site. Back To Top.
JSC Speed, Inc. accepts all major credit cards issued by US banks as well as Paypal. Other accepted forms of payment are cashiers checks, money orders and bank wire transfers. We do not offer cash on delivery (COD) as a form of payment, nor do we accept non-US credit cards, or PayPal from outside the US, ever. All orders are billed in full at the time they are placed, we do not offer delayed billing, lay-away, or payment plans. We will only ship to the confirmed address for the credit card holder. We have an Alternate Address Form (AAF) that you can complete and send in to us if you must have your items shipped to an address other than your verified billing address. We will not accept credit cards that do not pass our stringent fraud protection measures, which include gathering the CVV2 digits and verifying the billing address and cardholder information. JSC Speed, Inc. reserves the right to decline any purchase at any time, and will do so if we suspect a credit card is being used fraudulently. Back To Top.
Prices are always subject to change without notice. Pricing errors are not the responsibility of JSC Speed, Inc. or www.JSCSpeed.com. If a pricing error occurs prior to shipment, we will either refund the transaction in full or give the customer the option to pay the correct price. If a pricing error is found after shipment, we will correct the mistake and require the customer to pay the actual price or return the product immediately. All sales are final, meaning there are no returns unless there is express written consent from JSC Speed (see the Returns/Exchanges/Cancellations portion of this section for more information regarding returns). In every case, efforts are made to ensure customer satisfaction with products sold by JSC Speed, Inc. Back To Top.
All Pennsylvania residents are subject to a 6% sales tax on all merchandise purchased through JSC Speed, Inc. Shipping costs are taxable. All walk-in customers, whether they are a PA resident or not, will be required to pay the 6% PA sales tax. If you do not live in PA and place a phone/internet order you will still have to pay sales tax if you choose to come in and pick up your order. If your billing address is not in PA and you place an order online or over the phone you will not be billed for PA's or your state's sales tax if the order is shipped to your billing address; you may be responsible for paying taxes on items purchased, see your CPA or reference your local/state tax laws for complete information. However, there are situations where California residents may have to pay 7% CA sales tax if the item they are purchasing is being drop shipped from a CA manufacturer directly to your CA billing address. Back To Top.
Tracking numbers are distributed by email at the end of the business day. JSC Speed, Inc. ships too many orders per day to field phone calls for tracking numbers, particularly if the order was placed the same day. We request your patience when placing an online order as we will send tracking as soon as we have it. In our fast-paced modern society, it is difficult to realize at times that orders can only move at the speed of man. All internet orders undergo the following process:
- RECEIVED: Either via our server (online orders) or via Sales Representative (telephone orders).
- PROCESSED: Orders are filled during business hours only, in the order that they are received. At this point, an invoice is created (which will automatically e-mail to you, usually within 24 hours). Invoices are e-mailed and are not included with the shipment unless requested. All invoices are entered manually to ensure correctness; this takes some time (and is why we allow one business day for processing.)
- SHIPPING: After being invoiced, in stock items ship from our warehouse via UPS. UPS pickups occur each evening, Monday through Friday, and tracking is emailed automatically within 12 hours of UPS's receipt of the item. Larger items (i.e. hoods) ship via truck freight, usually within a similar time frame. USPS items (to APO/FPO and PO Box addresses) are picked up the morning after orders are processed, and may take one additional day to process. Certain items drop ship directly from the manufacturer which may extend or shorten the transit time depending on your proximity to the shipping origin. Most orders ship with no signature required, but that does not indicate that your order will be left on your doorstep. UPS delivery personnel are instructed to only leave packages in locations they feel are secure and a low risk for theft. If you are very concerned about your delivery location you can request that a signature be required or that JSC Speed ship your items to an alternate address (completion of the Alternate Address Form will be required).
- OUT OF STOCK/BACKORDERED ITEMS: All out of stock items will either drop ship from the manufacturer or your order will be held until all items come back into stock. See the note below about time sensitive orders
- TIME FRAME: The whole process normally takes three business days (not including weekends). If you call or email for tracking before three business days we generally will have a hard time providing tracking information.
A NOTE ABOUT ONLINE ORDERS AND TIME SENSITIVITY
When orders are placed online, JSC Speed, Inc. assumes that the order is NOT time sensitive, regardless of the shipping method selected. We do not slow down the process or leave orders hanging, but we cannot speed up the process if you don't notify us that you have a specific delivery need. As a customer, you are welcome to call, email or look on our site to check stock and availability before placing an order online. Any online order for an item that is out of stock at the time of order and is expected to be back in stock within two weeks or less will be held and JSC Speed WILL NOT notify you of this wait. Online orders for items back ordered longer than two weeks will be cancelled automatically, UNLESS it is noted to be a special order item (in which case there are no cancellations, exchanges or returns), or there is a longer time frame noted on the webpage for the product. If we automatically cancel a back ordered item from your order, we will generally ship the other items, unless they are directly related to the canceled item. General availability statements are also located for each item on the product description page and beneath the item in your shopping cart, we have done our best to make these statements as accurate and self-explanatory as possible, but do not offer these statement as a guarantee.
- "[Numerical Quantity] available": This indicates that as of the last update a specific number of this item was in stock at one of JSC Speed's ship from warehouses. During normal business hours, updates occur every 30 minutes, so it is possible that something that has an indicated "1 available" could be sold on an order placed before yours and that your order will be back ordered. Call to confirm stock if your order is urgent.
- "Ships from factory in X days/weeks": JSC will make every effort to drop ship this item from the manufacturer. The quoted time is a best guess based on years of dealing with the manufacturer of that item. We do not make any guarantee as to whether or not the manufacturer actually has the item in stock. Some items with a longer lead time are made to order items and there is nothing we can do to speed up the order. Call us to verify delivery times.
- "Usually ships in X days/weeks": These items are part of a recurring stocking order to a JSC Speed warehouse. Items with this note can sometimes be drop shipped, but sometimes can not.
- "Out of stock:Call for ETA:: Doesn't get much more self-explanatory than this.
- "SPECIAL ORDER X Week ETA": These items can not be cancelled and are typically ready to ship within the specified time frame, though that is not always the case. We will typically call you to verify that you understand that this order cannot be cancelled, changed, or returned for any reason and that the wait could be longer than quoted.
- "Currently Not Available": The manufacturer of this item is either not currently producing that item or JSC does not have access to that brand. As of summer 2012 this currently applies only to HKS as they have shut down their US distribution center. We are working to reestablish a supplier with the ability to get HKS products again.
- "Extended Backorder": These items are not in stock and can take six or more months to come back in stock.
- Discrepancies: JSC Speed, Inc. must be made aware of any and all discrepancies in your order within 14 days of receipt. This includes incorrect part numbers, quantities and colors. JSC Speed, Inc. will not exchange or replace any item after this 14 day window. If you wait two months to install your part and realize you have the wrong item, it will be too late for us to facilitate an exchange.
- Damages: JSC Speed insures every shipment for the full value of the package, so if you receive a damaged product, notify us immediately following receipt.
- JSC Speed, Inc. accepts no liability for products damaged by misuse, improper installation, or modification. JSC Speed, Inc. recommends professional installation for every product sold, and all products are for OFF-ROAD USE ONLY, unless clearly noted otherwise.
- All cancellations, exchanges & returns must be authorized by JSC Speed, Inc. and a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number must be obtained prior to returning products or incoming packages may be denied.
- All order cancellations are subject to a 10-20% fee; once an item has shipped it can no longer be canceled.
- All returns will be subject to at least a 15% restocking fee; once 15 days have passed since the item is received the item can no longer be returned.
- Shipping charges are not refundable.
- JSC Speed, Inc. will not authorize or accept any item that has been opened, used or modified.
- JSC Speed, Inc. will never accept a return on electronics, turbochargers, clutch kits, body parts, fuel system components, engine internals or any item listed as special order.
- Returns and cancellations are accepted and authorized entirely at the discretion of JSC Speed, Inc.
- Returns and cancellations are for store credit only.
- There are no cancellations, exchanges or refunds on any item that is listed as special order. Period.
- Products are covered by the manufacturer's warranty only; settlement of all claims are subject to manufacturer's waiting period to allow inspection of warranted goods.
- JSC speed only accepts bank wire transfers (in US dollars), money orders (in US dollars), or cashiers checks (in US dollars) from international customers.
- JSC speed does not accept Credit Cards or Paypal payments from international customers.
- All international orders must be over $500 in parts before shipping.
- There are no cancellations, refunds, or returns for international orders.
- JSC Speed will not mark down invoices, declare packages as a gift, or use incorrect harmonized codes to save you duties or taxes.
- Products are not covered by any warranty from JSC Speed, International customers must deal directly with manufacturers for any and all warranty issues and or claims.
- Customers are responsible for filing damage claims with the shipping carrier.
- All products are free on board, (FOB) meaning that the customer assumes ownership as soon as the item is picked up by the courier.
Back To Top.
Customers are responsible for reporting any damage to the packaging/items to JSC Speed, Inc. within 48 hours of receipt of the package. Claims should be made via email and must include pictures of the damaged packaging and item. All packaging in which damaged goods were received must be saved for carrier's inspection. JSC Speed, Inc. will file a claim with the carrier and arrange to have the damaged product picked up by the carrier. Do not ship the damaged item back to JSC Speed, Inc. JSC Speed, Inc. will either ship out a replacement component once the damaged item is picked up by the carrier (usually within 48 hours of filing a claim) or once the claim is paid out by the carrier(typically within two weeks) depending on the value of the item and the conditions under which the claim is filed. Back To Top.
PLEASE FULLY READ THESE TERMS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING
At JSC Speed, Inc. customer satisfaction is our number one priority. If you receive a product other than what you ordered, your order is incomplete or it is damaged, please CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY and we will work with you to remedy the situation. However, we do not run a Wal-Mart. Customer ordering errors, dissatisfaction, no longer wanting a product, or any other reason for wanting to return a product other than JSC Speed's documented error will only be accepted on a case by case basis. Items in the customer's possession for longer than 30 days will not be accepted for return. If you knowingly accept delivery of an incorrect product and open the box, you own it. Period.
RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS ARE ACCEPTED AND AUTHORIZED
ENTIRELY AT THE DISCRETION OF JSC SPEED, INC.
PLEASE FULLY READ THESE TERMS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING
For all international orders, including Canada, JSC Speed, Inc. will only accept bank wire transfers (in US dollars), money orders (in US dollars), or cashiers checks (in US dollars). JSC Speed does not accept credit cards or PayPal from any non-US resident. If you are in a US territory your credit card must be issued by a US bank. The Address Verification System (AVS) we utilize does not work with non-US banks, therefore we cannot verify the card holders address or name (no matter how many forms of identification you propose to send to us). More importantly we have no recourse with international fraud. For these reasons JSC Speed will under no circumstances take any form of payment other than bank wire transfer (in US dollars), money order (in US dollars), or cashiers check (in US dollars). All bank transfers must be made in US dollars. All international orders must be over $500 in parts (before shipping). Bank wire transfers take 2-3 days to process by banks, so please keep this in mind, if you have time sensitive orders make sure you warn JSC Speed before hand because speeding up international orders is extremely costly. All orders must be pre-paid in full and must clear our bank before we will ship anything (transfer confirmation print outs are not valid proof of a transfer; our bank must clear the transfer first).
There are no cancellations, refunds, or returns for international orders. Backorders often happen with international orders since transfers take time; things may go out of stock before your order is completed, there is nothing JSC Speed can do to stop this from happening since we get so many international inquires if we held every order, our whole inventory would be on hold. For this reason be reasonable with time tables and shipping expectations. JSC Speed ships internationally with UPS and USPS. We will quote you the lowest shipping costs from these couriers; if you would like to take care of shipping yourself and have your package pickup by your own courier we will be happy to work with you to accomodate that request. When dealing with customs, JSC Speed will not mark down invoices, declare packages as a gift or use incorrect harmonized codes to save on you duties or taxes. We must declare everything at the price we sell it for and any and all duties, taxes, fees, and tariffs are the responsibility of the recipient.
If you are interested in purchasing from JSC Speed feel free to contact anyone on our sales staff to obtain a shipping quote. Thank you! Back To Top.